New York Climate & Temperature
- New York, Usa is at 41°0'N, 74°0'W, 40 m (130 ft). See map.
- New York has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification New York is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 12.6 degrees Celsius (54.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.2 °C (45.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 4.5°C (40.1°F) on average falling to -2.4°C (27.7°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16.1°C (61°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 6.8°C (44.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 28.3°C (83°F) and average low temperatures are 19°C (66.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 18.4°C (65.2°F) during the day and lows of 10.2°C (50.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1200.2 mm (47.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1200.2 Litres/m² (29.44 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2656 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from New York you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of New York, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Port Jervis, Ny, Usa - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) W
- Boontonse, Nj, Usa - 35.9 kms (22.3 miles) WSW
- Newark, Nj, Usa - 36.2 kms (22.5 miles) SSW
- Allentown/ A.-Bethlehem, Pa, Usa - 126.7 kms (78.7 miles) WSW
- New Brunswick, Nj, Usa - 68.6 kms (42.7 miles) SW
- Bridgeport/ Sikorsky Memorial, Ct, Usa - 75 kms (46.6 miles) ENE
- Setauket Strong, Ny, Usa - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) E
- Block Island, Ri, Usa - 78.9 kms (49 miles) ESE
- New York/ Laguardia, Ny, Usa - 27.3 kms (16.9 miles) SSE
- New York/ Jfk, Ny, Usa - 43 kms (26.7 miles) SSE