| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 12 °C (53.6 °F).
- The average temperature in New York in May is very mild at 17.1 °C (62.78 °F).
- Afternoons can be really warm with average high temperatures reaching 22.1 °C (71.8 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally quite mild with an average low of 12.1 °C (53.8 °F).
- The range/ variation of daily mean temperatures in May is 10 °C (18 °F).
- The weather in May is hardly dry with rain occasionally. Circa 112.3mm (4.4in) of liquid is transfered across an average of 12 days.
- The heavens above New York are moderately sunny having on average a pleasing 8:03 of bright sunlight per day.
- The shortest day is 13:56 long and the longest day is 14:53 long with an average length of 14:27.
- There are approximately 6:13 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 56.4% of daylight hours and cloudy 43.6% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the New York May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in New York, Usa
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding New York:
- Port Jervis, Ny, Usa - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) W
- Boontonse, Nj, Usa - 35.9 kms (22.3 miles) WSW
- Newark, Nj, Usa - 36.2 kms (22.5 miles) SSW
- Allentown/ A.-Bethlehem, Pa, Usa - 126.7 kms (78.7 miles) WSW
- New Brunswick, Nj, Usa - 68.6 kms (42.7 miles) SW
- Bridgeport/ Sikorsky Memorial, Ct, Usa - 75 kms (46.6 miles) ENE
- Setauket Strong, Ny, Usa - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) E
- Block Island, Ri, Usa - 78.9 kms (49 miles) ESE
- New York/ Laguardia, Ny, Usa - 27.3 kms (16.9 miles) SSE
- New York/ Jfk, Ny, Usa - 43 kms (26.7 miles) SSE