Weather in October in New York
- Overnight temperatures are generally a little cool with an average low of 9.8 °C (49.6 °F).
- It is sunny approximately 64.8% of daylight hours and cloudy 35.2% of daylight hours.
- Afternoons can be somewhat warm with average high temperatures reaching 18.5 °C (65.3 °F).
- There are approximately 3:49 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- The shortest day is 10:23 long and the longest day is 11:42 long with an average length of 11:01.
- The average sea tempeature is 17 °C (62.6 °F).
- In October the mean diurnal temperature variation/ range is 8.7 °C (15.7 °F).
- The average temperature in New York is mild at 14.2 °C (57.56 °F).
- The weather in October is hardly arid with intermittent rain. Circa 90.4mm (3.6in) of fluid is dropped across an average of 8 days.
- The skies in New York are a little sunny with on average a measurable 7:01 of brilliant sunshine daily.
Weather Trend Graph for October in New York, Usa
New York Weather in October Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to October Weather in Locations Surrounding New York:
- Port Jervis, Ny, Usa - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) W
- Boontonse, Nj, Usa - 35.9 kms (22.3 miles) WSW
- Newark, Nj, Usa - 36.2 kms (22.5 miles) SSW
- Allentown/ A.-Bethlehem, Pa, Usa - 126.7 kms (78.7 miles) WSW
- New Brunswick, Nj, Usa - 68.6 kms (42.7 miles) SW
- Bridgeport/ Sikorsky Memorial, Ct, Usa - 75 kms (46.6 miles) ENE
- Setauket Strong, Ny, Usa - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) E
- Block Island, Ri, Usa - 78.9 kms (49 miles) ESE
- New York/ Laguardia, Ny, Usa - 27.3 kms (16.9 miles) SSE
- New York/ Jfk, Ny, Usa - 43 kms (26.7 miles) SSE