- The average sea tempeature is 17 °C (62.6 °F).
- The mean temperature in New York is mild at 14.2 °C (57.56 °F).
- Afternoons can be somewhat warm with average high temperatures reaching 18.5 °C (65.3 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally a little cool with an average low of 9.8 °C (49.6 °F).
- The range/ variation of diurnal average temperatures in October is 8.7 °C (15.7 °F).
- The weather in October is hardly arid with intermittent rain. Circa 90.4mm (3.6in) of water tumbles during on average 8 days.
- The skies in New York are a little sunny with on balance a measurable 7:01 of dazzling sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 10:23 long and the longest day is 11:42 long with an average length of 11:01.
- There are approximately 3:49 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 64.8% of daylight hours and cloudy 35.2% of daylight hours.
Weather Trend Graph for October in New York, Usa
New York Weather in October Discussion
Navigate to October Weather in Locations Surrounding New York:
- Port Jervis, Ny, Usa - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) W
- Boontonse, Nj, Usa - 35.9 kms (22.3 miles) WSW
- Newark, Nj, Usa - 36.2 kms (22.5 miles) SSW
- Allentown/ A.-Bethlehem, Pa, Usa - 126.7 kms (78.7 miles) WSW
- New Brunswick, Nj, Usa - 68.6 kms (42.7 miles) SW
- Bridgeport/ Sikorsky Memorial, Ct, Usa - 75 kms (46.6 miles) ENE
- Setauket Strong, Ny, Usa - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) E
- Block Island, Ri, Usa - 78.9 kms (49 miles) ESE
- New York/ Laguardia, Ny, Usa - 27.3 kms (16.9 miles) SSE
- New York/ Jfk, Ny, Usa - 43 kms (26.7 miles) SSE